Are you a sustainable farmer or food systems leader seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, affordable full-season trainee? Are you ready to inspire the next generation?
MESA invites US-based ecological farms, sustainable value chains, agriculture research, and education centers to host an international beginning farmer through MESA’s Sustainable Agriculture & Global Exchange (SAGE) program.
SAGE is a J-1 visa-designated training opportunity for beginning and established international farmers (Stewards) to train with U.S.-based farmers for an entire season.
- Hosts provide Stewards with supervision and mentorship through hands-on, varied activities within a 40-hour training week.
- Hosts typically provide a lodging/food/stipend package.
- MESA sponsors Stewards for 6-12 months.
- Hosts receive daily support for the entire season from an agriculturally experienced beginning farmer or student. Stewards enjoy a unique cultural exchange while developing their agricultural and business skills. MESA matches Hosts and Stewards and provides back-end support including visa sponsorship, coordinator support, and educational enrichment.
- Hosts and Stewards engage in a unique cultural exchange and pass along invaluable diversified agricultural knowledge.
Click here to learn more about this opportunity for farmers.